Wednesday 7 October 2009

Biblioteca y Tecnologia

Yesterday , I was in the library looking for an old article from Journal of Consumer Research dated back in the year of 1978. An old one but very prominent. From the system, it was a microfilm, so but my limited Spanish, I asked for access. Then, the librarian who attended me was shocked. He said nobody has asked for his assistance for quite sometime...

I myself was startled too. I tried to recall the last time I used microfilm....hmmmmm had I used it before? The librarian and I started to make jokes (imagine with very limited vocabulary - less than 100 root words) about old movies, Elizabeth Taylor and Burton, how antique the machine was..and he is short-sighted...so he had to focus the machine till I can read the wordings cause he could not read anything. And he kept laughing (so I had to laugh with him). At the end ,I really laughed with him cause his act reminded me of my dad while he tried to read my sister´s report card without his reading glasses. (And that is the best time for my sister to get him sign it with pre-act: hide dad´s glasses).

Why I am making this blog post today? I don´t know. I have the Raya entry in due. I guess my freinds here are dying to see it. But I feel unease today. My worry creeps deeper and I feel bad. Need to talk to someone...

No comments: