Saturday 9 August 2008

Mi familia

This summer, my sister who is studying in Moscow, is back in our hometown. Gosh, I am sooooo jealous. They (my ibu -mom, abah - dad and her), went for holiday in Jakarta after their first flight to Medan was canceled due to 'not enough demand' to the destination (as the airlines claimed). And for my mom, she had sort of chain of vacation, coming back from Aussie, then Jakarta. I missed the fun of being around them.


Ibu, in Australia...enjoying the cold of her life!

Some people, after grown up dislike being with family member, yet I am different. Even now, married with kids, I am still enjoyed being with them. The fun, the laugher, the jokes that we share.... Even when other people looked as us, they always said, how it happen in our family. A little thing can create big laughter that last a week, especially when abah imitates the person. And the story of Sang Kuriang is still joke of the day. It was a good issue to tease ibu.(It's complicated to describe here, cause it requires my dad expertise to imitate the tourist guide and ibu) Hahaha, sorry ibu for me to blog this!


My parents, in Jakarta

And as for brother, he supposed to get his teeth braced this school holiday. But due to his cheeky-ness, he managed to postponed it next month. How? On the day, abah gave him a lift to the dentist, as it was on his way to a meeting at the District Office. When his turn was up, before the process is carried out, a consultation had to be given to an aldult explaining the process. He decided not to call anybody, and pospotned it. It cause a roar within my parents, and my sis (Ode)joined the fun. His arguements were:
1. Abah had an important meeting, thus no disturbance required.
2. Ibu had a bad day, she's not feeling well after taking her hypertension medication. (ok, tienes razon, ibu had bad blood pressure that morning)
3. Ode had to be at home, taking care of ibu in case any emergency. 'Duh'
4. Adik is also a minor, being 14. So, she was out of the list. Even to stay at home to take care of ibu. She had no common sense or eligible to make any important emergency decision.


Left to right: Adik, Ode n Abang

And he smiled when explaining this! My brother! But this little 'accident' cause us to tease him for month, when the truth is he is worried and scared about the pain that he expected to get. Again, my brother.

And right now, I really missed them. Love you all. Muah!

No comments: